Apply to be a Global Ambassador Here!
Ut Prosim with a Global Spin!
The Global Ambassadors program is an exciting and engaging leadership development program designed for current Virginia Tech students seeking to develop their global leadership skills. Global Ambassadors are charged with welcoming new international students to the Virginia Tech community and continuing meaningful interactions with students and the community throughout the academic year.
We encourage returning study abroad students, students who have a strong interest in learning about the world, and currently enrolled international students to apply for this rewarding volunteer opportunity. This is a great way to engage in the university motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), and gain invaluable leadership and intercultural experience for the future. Students that are selected will be enrolled in a 3-credit course for Spring of 2019 (LDRS 2014: Principles of Peer Leadership). Additionally, students will receive monetary compensation at the end of the August 2019 orientation.
- Serve as International Orientation Leader in August 2019
- Facilitate small group activities and discussions and help with campus tours
- Be available as a support and resource for students throughout their first year to help them transition to their new learning environment
- Participate in campus and community outreach projects during the academic year serving as an ambassador for the international population and representing Cranwell International Center (Ex: Gobblerfest, tailgates, International Week)
- Assist in the recruitment of the following year's Global Ambassadors
- Attend program meetings to receive ongoing cross-cultural and leadership training
Any currently enrolled Virginia Tech student (undergraduate, graduate, domestic, or international) who can demonstrate the following, may apply to be a global ambassador:
- Enrollment at Virginia Tech for at least one semester
- Good standing with academic and student conduct records
- Availability to participate in the program from December 2018 through September 2019, including the required Spring course, LDRS 2014: Principles of Peer Leadership, and new student orientation (one week before classes begin).
- A strong desire to help welcome international students from all over the world to the Virginia Tech community
- Interest in and commitment to helping new international students adjust successfully to life at Virginia Tech and in the U.S.
- Dedication to developing intercultural awareness and sensitivity on campus and in the local community
- Online applications will open on September 28, 2018.
- Submit an application by Sunday, October 19th at 11:59 pm on GobblerConnect.
- Online applications cannot be saved and therefore must be completed during one session
- Note: You will need to sign in to or create your GobblerConnect account to access the application.
Questions? Contact the Cranwell International Center.