International Student Advisory Board (ISAB)
The International Student Advisory Board (ISAB) represents the needs and concerns of the international student community at Virginia Tech by providing a forum for international students to give feedback on initiatives, programs, policies, and services that impact international students.
Find out more about the current International Student Advisory Board members here!
The Board is composed of 8-10 degree-seeking undergraduate and graduate international students from the Blacksburg campus at Virginia Tech. The Board is led by one faculty/staff member from Cranwell International Center (Student Affairs), appointed by the Director, and one faculty/staff member from International Graduate Student Services (Graduate School), appointed by the Director.
Board members are required to serve for one academic year (Fall and Spring semesters). The term is renewable for up to 3 years based on the needs of the Board and the consent of the student.
Board members are responsible for:
- Attending all ISAB meetings during Fall and Spring semesters (NOTE: Meetings usually last 90 minutes, 3-5 times a semester);
- Completing ISAB projects that may require time outside of meetings.
Undergraduate and graduate international students must meet the following requirements in order to be eligible to serve on the ISAB:
- Must be a degree-seeking undergraduate or graduate international student on F/J visa status;
- Must be enrolled on the Blacksburg campus at Virginia Tech;
- Must have a minimum GPA of 3.00 (graduate) or 2.75 (undergraduate).
To apply to be a member of the International Student Advisory Board (ISAB), you must complete an online application, which includes uploading a copy of your resume. Please click the link below to apply:
* The current application is for Board members to serve during the 2019/2020 academic year with possible renewal (see "Board Member Terms of Service" above).
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Friday, May 3, 2019
- Application opens: January 16, 2019
- Application closes: May 3, 2019 (at 11:59 PM)
- Application review: Week of May 5, 2019
- Finalists in-person interviews: May 16 and 17, 2019
- ISAB members announced: May 22, 2019