Cranwell International Center, in collaboration with New Student Programs, hosts two Pre-Departure Orientation Programs in China – one in Shanghai and one in Beijing – for new international students who will begin their degree programs at VT this coming Fall semester. We are working closely with VT’s Association of Chinese Students and Scholars (ACSS), and will have student representatives from ACSS as panelists during the Pre-Departure Orientation Programs. These programs are designed to provide students and their family members with important information regarding Virginia Tech, which includes but is not limited to:
- immigration, visa, and travel issues
- academic issues
- cultural adjustment issues
- health insurance
- immunizations and other preparations.
The goal is to provide information and insight that will help students be better prepared to make a successful transition to university life in the US even before they board a plane to come to the US.
You must pay the $400 matriculation fee to accept the offer of admission. Once the fee is paid, the Cranwell International Center will begin immigration processing. To pay the fee, please follow the steps below:
- Visit the Accepting Your Offer webpage and follow the guide for International Students.
- You can pay by eCheck from your checking account, by the date indicated in your offer packet. To pay by eCheck:
- Visit the application status page
- Log in with the email address and password you used to set up your guest account.
- Click on “Application Information”
- Select the link under Admission Term (e.g. “Fall Semester 2018″)
- Follow the on-screen directions to pay by eCheck (eCheck documentation is available online)
3. If you do not want to pay using eCheck, you can pay using Flywire.
Once you pay the matriculation fee, your record will be transferred to Cranwell International Center for immigration processing and you will receive an email outlining next steps.
The Pre-Departure Orientation Programs in China in June are in addition to the on-campus New International Undergraduate Student Orientation Program in August. All incoming international students are required to attend the New International Undergraduate Student Orientation Program, August 13-17, 2018.
We want you to know that #YouAreWelcomeHere: